Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Starting my Garden Design Course

Last week was the first of 6 sessions on my Garden Design course.

We've been talking about styles and also have our first homework - to measure up our gardens!

Luckily it has stayed dry and I have managed to produce this:

Tonight's lesson involves turning this into a usable scale diagram. Let's hope I haven't made too many mistakes, although I suspect there are a couple of miscalculations due to taking the easy option of counting fence panels.

Meanwhile, in the garden itself, the leaves are coming out on the trees and one of them is just about to burst into blossom - I promise to take a picture to share for next time. With warmer weather, finally the grass has started to grow and it's now looking nice and lush. One slight concern is whether our extension lead is long enough to enable us (I mean, hubby) to mow right to the end of the lawn!

Also starting to grow are the inevitable dandelions and dock leaves - plus some bluebells which seem to be the only bulbs we have.

I have my fingers crossed that, by next week, I'll be able to report our first meal eaten outside - although I may settle for a glass of wine......





No comments:

Post a Comment